vrijdag 30 maart 2012

Update

Last week, I was unable to walk, so I worked at home. I've focused on my supportive narrative and my proposal.
I rewrote my proposal because I realized that my current research question was not really focussing on what I have been studying for the last three and a half years. I studying game art and all of the sudden I want to research toy design. Which is possible of course, but I think it is more interesting for me as a visual designer to focus on visual design. This way my study, project and research comes more together. My old research question was: 'does the amount of play affordances correlates with 'better' toys?'. Which to me is a fine research question, but it is too much focused on play design. I want to study the visual side of toys for this project, but I'm still very interested in affordances.
So my new question is: 'How can visual design in toys trigger play affordances and manipulate play behaviour?'. I'm going to research how visual design triggers actions, so it's all about communication in visual design. And I think this is very similar to the way you need to communicate in game art, or actually every other way of interaction and product design. So I'm planning to look at other products and how they are designed visually, what they use to communicate how people should interact with it.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten