zaterdag 18 augustus 2012

Final playtest!

I've just returned from the final playtest. Koen van Vuure, my cousin, was the tester, we tested at his (or his parents) house. I choose for Koen, because we already were quite familiar with each other (however, we don't see each other too often). So it wasn't strange for him to have me over. I also choose for his livingroom to test, because this is his natural playspot. I tried to make this testsession feel as natural as possible. I told Koen I've got a toy that would be fun for him to try. I wanted to prevent that he felt forced to like something, just because I made it.

The results were the following:
- Koen didn't know what a conductor was, but he did understand how to interact with the music. The result was that his way of moving was quite the same. I showed him a movie of a conductor later on, and his movements became more diverse, clearly inspired by the conductor.
- It took clearly too much time for the music to change, so sometimes Koen didn't feel like he was influencing the music. So the transitions in the music should be more quicker.
- The contrast between the first and second mode (there are 6 modes) are not clear enough.
- Koen experimented with quick and slow movements.
- What Koen liked most about the toy was that the music reacts on you, 'you can go high and low and then the music gets louder! And when I move very quick it becomes the most fun'. Koen clearly liked loud and up to tempo music.
- After the playsession, Koen kept humming the song he played with (In the hall of the mountain king, Grieg). So, as concluded in earlier tests: children like music with a recognizable melody).

So in short: Koen liked to play with Virtuoso, but the music needs to react even faster to his movements. That would really make the difference.


After the test we shooted some material of him playing with Virtuoso, which I will use to make a trailer with now.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten