donderdag 7 juni 2012

Green light for Mock Exam!

Yesterday I had a green light for my MOCK examination. Which means that I'm doing great!
The examination commission was very enthousiastic about Virtuoso and my research.

But I'm not there yet, in 11 weeks, I have my FINAL examination. My project and supportive narrative have to be finished then and I have to present it (just as I presented my project and supportive narrative in its current state at my MOCK). So what do I need to do in these 11 weeks to get my Masters degree?

My research is as good as complete
I need to write my research down in my supportive narrative (30% complete at the moment)
My project is at 50%. Visual design is clear, but I still want to make some iterations and test a model of the design to see if the affordances are clear. So Visual design is at 70%.
The technical design and music design still has a lot to do, I still need a working technical prototype and an adaptive music system. Although this is not my responsibility, this is very important for my project.
The adaptive music system will have enough time to be created in time.
The technical prototype however, has the risk that it won't be finished in time.
So for that risk I've designed a plan B: fake it. Make a movie of a child conducting with my toy and let the music designers compose music over it.

So what do I need to do?
- Finish visual design (2 weeks max.)
- Create life size model (2 weeks max.)
- Test it (2 days) and iterate it (1 week)
- Write supportive narrative (3 weeks)
- Prepare FINAL presentation (1 week)

So I need 9 weeks, which leaves 2 weeks for possible delays and surprises (or plan B).

:)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten