woensdag 13 juni 2012

One step back, two steps forward

Based on my last post, about chosing material, I've decided to take a step back in my visual design process.
If it is important for me that the toy product is 'round and shiny', I want to make sure that the form of the toy agrees with this and also that it correlates with the material.
After doing research about using rich 'plastic' materials in toys, Hiroshi Yoshii turned out to be a big inspiration to take the form of my design a step further. He has a great blog about how he produces his own toys (from a 3D file to a 3D model) and it gave me some insight in the possibilities of 3D printing and using materials like epoxy, but also I love his use of shapes and graphics.

Anyhow, I felt that my current shape is nice and fun, but that it could be better. Inspired by Yoshii, I'm now trying to make a more 'round' design with more character (without making it a character). I'm happy with my decision, I've got the time to take this 'risk' and it already shows off in the new designsketches. I believe that by the end of tomorrow I will have at least three beautiful designs. Friday I will make them in 3D, like Yoshii does. I hope to meet my testpanel next monday to see if they like the new designs and which one of them they like most. After that I'm going to choose one and make a real model of it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten