woensdag 29 februari 2012

Concept: Mascerado

This is a mix between fantasy play and construction play: Mascerado

When we were celebrating christmas with the family of my boyfriend we were unwrapping presents. One of the presents had a nice shiny ribbon. Olivier (my 3 year old nephew) likes unwrapping presents more than the actual present and he loved the ribbon. When I saw the ribbon I wrapped it around him, giving him an imaginary tail. He loved it, he was runned around, or was running in circles, chasing his own tail (like puppies do).

Last summer I did the same thing with a big red towel. I came up with a simple 'game' I called Toro Toro. One had to hold the towel and the other ran at it yelling Toro Toro and had to try and touch the towel.
Later I put the cape around his neck and the next moment he was SuperOlivier, bringing presents to everyone and blowing dandelions for extra presentpowers.

It made me think about these simple cloaks and ribbons that create so much fun. What if you could create a set of simple 'clothings' that you can create your own fantasy creature with. For instance a SuperCat or a Tiger Toreador. It would be simple pieces of clothing that you can attach very easily and combine in a million ways to become anything you want!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten