vrijdag 24 februari 2012

Recap #2

Okay, let's do another recap.

I'm going to make an interactive book for the iPad, for kids of the age of 7-8.
This book will tell the story of the Swan Children of Lir.
It is important to me that play-design is used in the design of this interactive book.
I think there are very few good examples of interactive books, because a lot of these books are just simulated books with some animations you can touch.
Interactive books are derived from books, they should elements of analogue books (but you don't have to use them all).
Elements of analogue books are
- chapters
- pages
- story
- tangiblity
- clarity (able to flip through pages)
- cover
- collecting
- imagination (visualising a story)
I take inspiration out of Machinarium and Hobolobo
I wan't to take an interactive book out of the format of a book (but it still has to be an interactive book)
Flow
magicmagicmagicmagic!!



I found out that there is a big discussion going on about what books are and what e-books (and interactive books) are. The borders of these 'things' are very vague now. I could redefine the borders, but I don't think one person can just say it is so. I think this is something we can all do together by all trying out things, putting pieces of the puzzle together. So I'm going to design an interactive book where I will try to exceed a border. I will probably make something that is more a game than a book, test this, realize I've crossed a certain border and take a step back, test again and adjust until I've found the borderline.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten